Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome to Learn . Teach . Educate .

Today, I decided to start this learning / teaching / education journal to record some of my thoughts and experiences in this field. You see, 2009 marks the year when my life has become entrenched in education.

First of all, I've become a parent to a school-aged child for the first time. So, I started looking at schools and education in a different light. I began to get involved in the school system, from the point of view of a carer.

Also, I received an offer to do a Master of Teaching degree in one of the top local universities here in Australia. And, I decided to accept it.

So, after completing my four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology back in 1995 and my Master of Social Science degree in Applied Psychology in 2004, I'm returning to school again this year. And, this time, with the thinking that I will be forever connected to the field of education.

Well, it's not that I was ever completely disconnected to it. You see, I'm married to a University lecturer. And, I have had teaching experience in the past - conducting communication and personal development classes to kids and adults alike, teaching dance and writing, as well as giving private tuition.

Even some of my earliest memories in life is about playing "teacher" to my siblings and cousins as a little girl.

So yes, learning and teaching has always been part of my life.

And now, I'm hoping that through this journal, I'll be able to record some of my educational resource findings on the web, my personal experiences as a student teacher and a parent to a school-aged child... and many more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment